Our team at Bay Area Overhead Door Co. takes great pride in providing our community with quality and professional garage door repair service. If you are here because you need help fixing your garage door, then you are in the right place. We are happy that you are here and excited about the opportunity to work with you.
How Do I Know If My Garage Door Is Broken?
One of our most common service calls is for broken tension springs. Often homeowners will hear a loud bang from their garage when their spring snaps. Another indication your springs have broken is you can either visually see the break or your garage starts to open before quickly closing again.
Some other common indicators your garage door is in need of repair:
- Your rollers have popped off the track (please call us immediately as this presents a safety hazard)
- Your garage door starts to close before opening again. Check to see that there is nothing in the way and your sensors are clean. If the problem still persists, call us for repair.
- You hear loud grinding noises during operation. This can either be from your opener or an indication that your rollers need to be replaced.
- Your door sounds like it is operating but it doesn’t move. Check to see if the emergency handle has been pulled. If the opener is still engaged then give us a call to schedule repair.
- Your door sags on one side. This indicates one of your cables or drums has broken and needs to be repaired by one of our technicians.
What To Expect During a Repair Appointment
If you have scheduled a technician to come out to work on your garage, make sure you clear the space so they have a safe working area. Also, make sure you park your car somewhere else and remove all bikes and garden equipment. Our technicians strive to arrive on time and you can expect them to give you at least one courtesy call to let you know the exact window of time they will be there.
They will give you a free estimate of all repair and parts costs before moving forward with the repair. They also will arrive with replacement parts to quickly fix your garage door. Our team has been specially trained to work on all types of garage doors and openers so you can also expect your door to be fixed right the first time.
Are There Any Repairs I Can Do?
We highly recommend you leave most repairs in our hands for your safety. We have the knowledge as well as the proper equipment to be able to safely fix your door. There are a few things you can do to try to fix your door:
- Check the batteries in your remote. Try to operate your door from the panel in the garage
- Make sure your opener is plugged in
- Check the emergency handle to make sure the opener is still engaged
- Clean the sensors and make sure they are still aligned and that there is nothing in the way.
- If there is a bend in your track, you can take a pair of pliers or a hammer and gently guide it back into place
- If your door is operating slowly, try spinning the rollers in their shafts. If they don’t spin freely, you know that it’s time to replace them
- Lastly, make sure your door is properly maintained. Annual tune-ups and inspections can prevent most repair troubles in the future.
We Are On Call 24/7 for Garage Door Repair
It doesn’t matter if it is 2 am on a Thursday or 2 pm on a Sunday. We have staff standing by at Bay Area Overhead Door Co. during all hours as well as all holidays to repair your garage door. Garage doors break at all times which means we are available at all times.