Maintenance And Repair
If you are here because your garage door is broken, then you are in the right place. We are so happy you have found us. Bay Area Overhead Door Co. is happy to help you out with all your garage door service maintenance and repair needs.
We Can End Your Frustrations and Fix Your Door Today
Our technicians have been specially trained to be able to work on all makes and models of garage doors and openers. They come with the knowledge, quality parts, and necessary equipment to fix your door today. When they arrive, they will troubleshoot your door to see what’s going on and give you a free estimate for repair costs.
If you decide to move forward with the repair, they can fix it that same day for you. We know how frustrating it can be to wait around for your part to come in so we make sure our techs travel with quality parts to be able to fix your door as quickly as possible. Our technicians will also arrive with the proper equipment to ensure your door is working safely.
Common Garage Door Problems
The most common service call we get is for broken torsion springs. Most people will hear a loud noise coming from the garage when the spring snaps apart and you can visually see where it is in two pieces. Some of the other common problems we see:
- Garage door starts to open but then goes back down: most likely a problem with your torsion springs or loose cables
- Garage door starts to close before going back up: This can be a problem with your opener but typically this happens when your sensors are off or there is something in the way
- Loud grinding noises during operation: This can be because your rollers are wearing out or it can also be because the gears in your opener are worn out or broken
- Opener sounds like its working but the door doesn’t move: This could simply be from the emergency release being engaged but if you have engaged the opener again and it still happens then most likely its a problem with the opener
- Door opens immediately after hitting the floor: Most commonly, this is because the force control settings need to be adjusted (these are on the back of the opener if you want to try adjusting them yourself)
Annual Safety Inspection and Maintenance
It is important to inspect your garage door system once a year to check for worn or broken parts and possible safety hazards. If just one thing is off, it can cause wear on other parts of your garage door, causing things to break. Many repair costs can be avoided by spotting problems before they become an issue.
A few times a year, you can lubricate the rollers, drums, springs, hinges, and chain in the opener (see owners manual of your opener to see if this is required). Before lubricating everything, give it a good wipe down with a wet cloth. We recommend using a water-based lubricant that is not tacky because dust and dirt will build-up on it.
A Professional’s Touch to Your Garage Door System
We recommend that you have professionals come to inspect and maintain your door in addition to what you are doing. A professional eye can catch safety issues before they become a hazard as well as give your opener a professional tune-up. Our technicians will go over everything with you to give you tips on your own maintenance tasks.
Let Us Do the Maintenance And Repair Work for You!
Call today to schedule your tune-up. We are also standing by for any garage door maintenance and repair concerns you may have. You can sit back and relax while Bay Area Overhead Door Co. does the work for you!