Liftmaster - Wall Mount
Bay Area Overhead Door Co. is excited to bring you the latest and greatest in garage door technology, the Liftmaster Wall Mount Opener. For those of you who need to open up the vertical space in your garage, want all the bells and whistles in an opener, and need quiet operation, this is the opener for you! Our team is happy to assist you with any of your questions about a wall mount opener.
What is a Wall Mount Opener?
A wall mount opener uses jackshaft technology for its lifting mechanism and the actual opener is located on your wall instead of in the overhead space of your garage. This means that instead of having a trolley and opener with supporting bracks hanging 2 feet from your ceiling, you now have open air. These openers are also top of the line and come with all of the latest technology features Liftmaster has to offer.
Features of a Liftmaster Wall Mount opener
There are so many exciting features with this opener, it can almost get overwhelming. One of the greatest features is that if you have high ceilings in your garage, instead of having dead space, you can now use it for storage. Some of the other great features this opener offers:
- Comes with a lifetime warranty on the motor and a 5-year warranty on parts
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Comes with MyQ remote LED’s to sync your home lights to turn on when you open the garage
- Battery backup for 24 hours in case of a power outage (model 8500W)
- Deadbolt that automatically engages when you close the door
- MyQ technology allows you to operate your door from an app on your phone. Let in guests if you are stuck at the office, be alerted when your kids get home from school, or close your garage if you forgot.
- Provides the quiet operation of a belt drive system
- Timer-to-Close feature which closes your door for you after a preset amount of time. This is a great feature for those who constantly forget to close their door or have a lot of people coming in and out of the garage, increasing the chances someone will forget.
Liftmaster prioritizes your safety and this opener is the epitome of that. With the deadbolt that automatically engages and the Timer-to-Close option, this opener makes your garage door virtually impenetrable. Another great feature is the ability to not only control your garage door from hundreds of miles away but that also alerts you every time your garage door is operated.
Are There Any Downsides to This Type of Garage Door Opener?
With all of the exciting features this opener has, there are also a few downsides. The opener does require you to have at least 8 inches of open space on either side of your garage door. This opener is also one of the most expensive openers on the market today, which can be a disadvantage for many.
Call Us with Any Questions
If you have any questions about this type of opener or to see if a Liftmaster wall mount opener would be compatible with your garage, give us a call. We would be happy to send someone out to your home to measure your garage and see if this will work for you. Give Bay Area Overhead Door Co. a call today!