Gate And Gate Opener Repair
If you are looking for someone to help you with your gate and gate opener repair, then you are in the right place. Bay Area Overhead Door Co. has experience with several different types of gate openers and we have been trained to be able to repair them all. For all your electric gate needs, give us a call!
Types of Gate Openers
- Slide Gate: These types of gates are a good option for those with little room on either side of the gate. These gates slide back and forth, parallel to your fence, kind of like a pocket door in your home. If you need to park right in front of your gate, or if you don’t have a lot of clearance between your fence and the roadway, a slide gate is a good choice for you.
- Swing Gate: These types of gates swing out. They require more space than a slide gate. These types of gates are a more popular option for homeowners as they are more durable and easier to maintain than slide gates.
- Solar Gate Openers: These are a good option for those that can’t or don’t want to bring underground wires for power to their gate or if you don’t have access to power. Keep in mind that the solar panel needs to be in an area free of any type of shade.
- Cantilever Gate Openers: Provides a lot of the same benefits as a regular slide gate but it does not roll on tracks as a slide gate does. It is suspended in air by counterbalances and is about 6” off the ground. This is a good option if you have an irregular driveway.
How To Know If You Need A Gate And Gate Opener Repair
Your gate operates with an opener just like your garage door. We have a team that is trained to handle all types of gate opener repairs. Here are some things you might notice when your opener is in need of repair:
- Opens and/or closes slower than normal
- Does not operate at all
- Opens or closes in the wrong direction
- Only works if someone is standing in front of it
- Locks are jamming
- Beeps when you try to operate it
These problems can be caused by power supply issues, especially solar gates when you are relying on batteries. We often see battery problems in areas with cold weather climates. Another issue we see is animals chewing through the unit or other problems related to outdoor exposure.
We Can Fix Your Gate Opener
Because of the complex system your gate uses to operate, it is best to give us a call when it is acting up. If it refuses to operate and you are debating how you can climb over your fence, we offer emergency gate and gate opener repair service and can be out to you quickly. Bay Area Overhead Door Co.is here for all your gate opener repair needs so give us a call today!