Garage Door Remotes
A convenient part of your garage door system is your remote. These can enable you to stay in the comfort of your car while operating your garage door or even to open your door from miles away so a guest can get in. Bay Area Overhead Door Co. is your professional company for all things garage door, including your garage door remotes.
Options For Garage Door Remotes
Garage door technology has come a long way since the first remote opener was designed in the late 1940’s. The first remotes used radio transmitters from a post either outside of the garage or on the inside. Today, technology has become so advanced, you can use your smartphone to control your garage door.
Some of the features garage door remotes now offer:
- Remotes can turn on safety lights in your garage in conjunction with the operation of the door.
- Ability to lock out radio controls for periods of time, such as when you are on vacation
- Smart panels that display garage temperature
- MyQ technology
- Ability to connect your opener to Wi-Fi for remote control of your garage from anywhere you have internet access.
- Remotes that connect to your keychain
- Homelink Garage Door Remote
How Do I Know Which One Is Best for Me?
The best type of remote depends on your needs. If you like simple things, then a simple 2 or 3 button remote might be perfect for you. If you have older kids that need access to your home after they get off the school bus, then you might consider mounting a keypad remote outside of your garage.
If you like all the bells and whistles, then there are some more technologically advanced options for you. If you have built-in Wi-Fi on your opener, you can remotely operate your garage door anywhere you have internet access. Some of the other latest features in remotes:
- MyQ technology: This technology is offered by Liftmaster openers. It is a smart hub for your garage and enables you to control your garage from anywhere. You can get alerts whenever your garage is opened or closed, close your garage door from work if you forgot to close it, let the neighbor in to feed the cat, notify you when your kids get home from school or let your out of town guests in when you are stuck late at the office. This requires a MyQ Connected opener and a monthly subscription fee for the app
- Homelink: This is a vehicle based wireless remote option. You can have your garage door, appliances, home lighting, electric gate, and home security all set up on the same system. It works with all radio-frequency controlled devices and connects nearly your entire home to your car. This system will even alert you when you have left your garage door open. There is no subscription fee for this but it does require a Homelink ready vehicle.
We Are Just a Phone Call Away
If you are having problems with your remote or even if you just have questions about your garage door remotes compatibility, give us a call at any time! Bay Area Overhead Door Co. is always happy to help you out with all of your garage door concerns.