Garage Door Openers
Bay Area Overhead Door Co. is an authorized dealer for two of the top name brands in garage door openers: Guardian and Liftmaster. We want to give our customers quality products that last and we feel that both of these companies have proven themselves in the garage door industry. With over 50 years of experience making garage door openers, we know that when you buy one of their openers, you are buying affordable quality.
Different Types of Garage Door Openers
There are a few different types of openers offered by each company. The type you want depends on your needs as well as your budget. Here are the differences in each type:
- Chain Drive Opener: These are going to be your most cost-effective type of opener. They provide strength and durability as well as being almost maintenance free. The one downside of a chain drive opener is that they are loud.
- Belt Drive Opener: If noise is a concern for you, then a belt drive opener is the choice for you. The downside to these openers is that they are a little more spendy than a chain drive and the belts wear out much more quickly than chains.
- Screw Drive Opener: These operate by a rotating screw in the middle that is attached by a chain to the trolley, which opens and closes the door. These minimalist openers have the least amount of parts, which means they are less prone to breaking. Their noise level is somewhere between chain and belt drive.
- Wall Mount Opener: These are belt drive openers that are attached to the wall instead of in the overhead space of your garage. These are a great option if you want to open up the vertical space of your garage for big kid toys or storage. They are also the most expensive option out there but well worth the money to get half of your garage back.
How to Pick the Right Opener
With so many options out there, you might be wondering how to pick the right one to fit your needs. We are just a phone call away and are always happy to answer any questions about all of our openers. Here are a few of the things to consider about garage door openers:
- Motor strength: Most of our openers come in ½ hp, which is more than enough strength to operate a door. If you have a heavy door, such as one that is heavily insulated or reinforced for high wind protection, then go with one of our ¾ hp openers.
- DC motors: The most common type of motor on the market. Provides a quieter and more reliable operation.
- AC motors: These are a little bit noisier and not as reliable but provide a good industrial strength motor for heavy lifting.
- Warranty: If warranty length is a concern for you, then typically, the more expensive and more advanced an opener is, the longer its warranty. Guardian offers 5-year warranties on all of their openers and Liftmaster provides anything from a 1-year warranty on their base model all the way up to lifetime warranties on their Elite and Premium Series openers.
We Can Answer Any Questions
Our team has been specially trained in all Guardian and Liftmaster garage door openers and you will find that they are very knowledgeable about their products. Give Bay Area Overhead Door Co. a call today and we can get you set up with a new opener.