Garage Door Opener Repair
Bay Area Overhead Door Co. is your team of professionally trained experts for all your garage door opener repair needs. Our repair team has gone through extensive training to be able to repair all makes and models of openers. If you need help, give us a call!
Brands of Openers We Work With
We are authorized dealers for Guardian and Liftmaster. This means that we can install a brand new opener and also provide warranty support for these openers. We also have been trained to work on all other brands of openers.
If your current opener breaks and you are out of warranty, we are proud to offer a wide selection of new openers from the leading brands in the industry. We chose to partner with these two brands because they have proven themselves as providing quality products over the decades they have been building openers.
How Do I Know If My Garage Door Opener Needs Repair?
Often, when a garage door won’t open all the way or tries to open but fails, a home owner thinks it is the opener that is malfunctioning when it is your springs that are broken. When you have a faulty opener, common symptoms include:
- Your door refuses to budge and you have checked that the power and your garage door are connected to your opener
- You have an unresponsive opener and you have checked your breaker box to make sure the switch isn’t tripped
- Loud and grinding noises during operation
- Your door starts to close but immediately opens and you have checked that there is nothing blocking the sensors
- An old model. If your opener is nearing its 15th birthday, it might be a good idea to just replace it if you are having intermittent problems with it. A newer opener will be more efficient and safer
What to Do if Your Opener is Broken
You can check the warranty information for your opener. Most openers come with a 1 year to a lifetime warranties on the motor. Most problems with openers originate with worn down gears, which have a shorter warranty period. If your opener is out of warranty, it is generally the most cost effective to buy a new opener instead of trying to replace parts.
If it is an opener you got from us, you can give us a call and we can help you out with the warranty information. If not, look at the warranty information on your opener and call the manufacture. After we figure out what is wrong with your opener, we will consult with you to see how we should move forward and what will be the most cost effective option.
Give Us a Call Today
We are standing by to help you out with your broken garage door opener. We can either get you set up with a new opener or repair your current one. Give the team at Bay Area Overhead Door Co. a call today to see what we can do!