Garage Door Opener Maintenance
Another important aspect of opener inspections is proper maintenance of your garage door opener. A few minutes every few months can save you money. Bay Area Overhead Door Co.is happy to provide annual garage door opener maintenance.
What Is Garage Door Opener Maintenance?
During our annual tune-up and inspection, we will provide maintenance to your opener. We will lubricate the chain if it is necessary for your particular model, and we will also adjust force controls if necessary. We will also test all of your remotes, the panels, and your garage door balance.
Why Is It Important?
An annual tune-up will keep your garage door opener working to its full potential year after year. Maintenance will also spot issues before they become a big problem. When your system is properly maintained, it means that everything is working efficiently and will prevent big repair bills later on.
Another important aspect of opener maintenance is safety. Your opener works with sensors on your door to ensure that the several hundred pound garage door is always working safely. A faulty or improperly maintained opener can become a safety hazard.
Steps You Can Take to Do Opener Maintenance
If we have successfully convinced you how important maintenance is, you might be wonder how to perform maintenance. We recommend having a professional eye inspect and tune up your system once a year but there are a few things you can do yourself every few months:
- Visually inspect sensors to make sure they are lined up and clean. You can test that they are working by placing a broom or other soft object in the way while the door is closing. This should make your door start to open back up.
- Tighten all bolts on the brackets holding your opener in place
- Replace panel batteries, if applicable
- Test your automatic reverse system by placing a board directly under where your door meets the floor and then close the door. If it doesn’t automatically go back up when hitting the board, give us a call.
- Test your emergency release handle by pulling it towards your garage door to disengage the opener. If it is working correctly, this will enable you to manually open and close your door
- Lubricate the screw/chain if your model requires this. You can check the owner’s manual to see if this is necessary as well as how often they recommend it.
Schedule Your Yearly Maintenance Today
Give us a call at any time if you find problems during your own maintenance or if you want to schedule a professional tune-up. Bay Area Overhead Door Co. is standing by to help you with your garage door opener maintenance!