Garage Door Opener Inspection
It is important to inspect your garage door opener periodically. Bay Area Overhead Door Co. can schedule an annual garage door opener inspection and tune-ups for your entire garage door system. Proper maintenance can save you hundreds in repair bills down the road.
How Inspections and Maintenance Saves You Money
When you are doing maintenance around your home, most people will leave out their garage door. It opens and closes thousands of times every year and many take it for granted until something breaks. A good majority of our repair calls could have been avoided by doing preventative maintenance and inspections on your opener.
We highly recommend putting your garage door on your list of yearly maintenance around the house. It doesn’t take that long, but you can catch a small issue right now that will prevent you from having to spend hundreds later on. For example, if your rollers are worn down, you can replace them now for a few dollars or you can wait and the extra strain on your motor will cause your opener to break, resulting in a few hundred dollar repair.
Reasons to Have a Professional Do the Inspection
Did you know that a majority of garage door accidents can be traced to faulty openers? When you have a professional from our team come out and do a safety inspection, we provide a well trained, expert eye to be able to catch issues before they become a hazard. Our team has been specially trained in dozens of safety points to inspect during garage door maintenance.
What We Do During a Garage Door Opener Inspection
- Lubrication: If your particular model requires it, we will lubricate the chain in your opener
- Automatic Reverse System: This vital part of your garage door safety was mandated by law to be on every opener since the early 90’s. We will test it out to ensure your garage door goes back up when it hits something. This is what prevents entrapment and has successfully brought a stop to garage door entrapment deaths.
- Emergency release handle: This is another important safety feature of your garage door. We will test it out to make sure that it disengages the opener. If the power goes out and you need to quickly escape from your home, such as in a fire, then you will want to make sure you emergency release is working
- Internal parts: We will inspect the trolley, gears, cables, and belts to make sure there is no visible wear on internal parts.
- Wiring and force controls: We will inspect the wiring to make sure there is no fraying or risk of electrical shock. We will test the force controls and make adjustments as necessary. We can also replace old, worn warning labels on your system to make sure everything is legible.
Schedule Your Safety Inspection Today
If it has been a while since your last garage door opener inspection or if you have never had one, give us a call today. Bay Area Overhead Door Co. wants to make sure your garage door system is working safely!