If you find yourself in the market for a new garage door, we offer a wide selection of new doors from Amarr. Bay Area Overhead Door Co. is excited to be authorized dealers for this quality brand. If you are considering Amarr, we can help you figure out which door will work best for you.
Garage Doors from Amarr
- Carriage Style: Carriage house doors are inspired by the original garage doors, which were heavy, swing out wooden doors that provided entry for carriages and early automobiles into the carriage house. They combine the timeless look of carriage house doors with the modern technology of an overhead door.
- Traditional Style: Steel doors available with 4 different panel design options, a variety of window options, and 6 different base color options.
- Specialty Style: Complete the custom look of your home with these custom doors. These specialty doors come in full view aluminum or ornamental iron. With endless powder coating and glazing options, you will truly have a unique door.
- Steel Doors: The most popular choice for homeowners. Steel offers long-lasting durability, affordability, and safety. Steel doors are offered in everything from your basic residential door to the custom look of carriage house doors. Available in a large selection of color options and even wood grain tones.
- Wood Doors: You can’t get more custom than a wood door. Choose from one of their 10 designs or even design your own. Wood doors can be stained or painted and add that beautiful, extravagant finishing touch to your home.
How Do I Know Which Door to Pick?
With all the choices to sort through when you are picking out a new door, you might be tempted to just give up. There are a few things to consider when you are picking out a new door. To help you feel a little less overwhelmed, here are a few things to keep in mind when picking out a door:
- What material do I want: Steel is going to give you durability and low maintenance. Steel doors are also the most cost-effective. Wood offers a beautiful finish but it comes at the cost of being expensive and high maintenance. Aluminum and iron can be combined with frosted glass for a contemporary look but they are not good for areas susceptible to damage, such as behind a basketball hoop.
- Which door optimizes my home’s curb appeal: Stand back from your home and try to picture which style of door will fit best with the outside of your home. Carriage house offers that rustic look, traditional doors will complement the design of most homes, and aluminum doors offer a sleek, contemporary finish to your home.
- Pick a style that goes with your home’s architectural style: If you love the look of modern doors but live in a farmhouse, it would look out of place to have aluminum and glass doors. A better option would be steel carriage house doors.
- Do I live in an area prone to high wind or with severe extremes in weather: If you live in an area with hurricanes or tornadoes, choose a wind load door. If you live where temperatures regularly fall below 0, a good choice for you would be an insulated door.
Does Amarr Offer Warranties?
Amarr does offer warranties on their garage doors. They can range anywhere from 1 year all the way up to a lifetime, depending on the material. If you have a concern about a warranty, give us a call and we can help you out with the warranties on your specific door.
Ready for a New Door?
Whenever you are ready to start investing in a new door, we are standing by to help. We are happy to walk you through all the options to make sure you pick the door that will best meet your needs. If you have questions about the Amarr products, Give Bay Area Overhead Door Co. a call today!