24-Hour Emergency Service
Garages don’t pick the most convenient times to stop working. Our team at Bay Area Overhead Door Co. offers 24 Hour Emergency Service to help. If you find yourself stranded with a broken garage door in the middle of the night, you don’t have to panic because we are here around the clock.
When to Call for Emergency Repair
Sometimes, when we hear the word emergency, we panic even more because we are not sure our situation is a real emergency. We want you to know that we don’t care what time it is, if you have a garage door need, go ahead and call us. Some of the common reasons why you would call us for emergency service:
- You need to get out of your garage and the door stopped working halfway up
- Your door has come off of its track. Please do not try to put this back on yourself as you can easily be injured.
- Your door stopped working and you will need to get out in the morning for work
- Your door will not close in the middle of the night and you need your home secure
- Any other problems that happen outside of business hours
When you call, we will dispatch the closest technician to you so that you can get the fastest service possible. We want to make sure that you are not stranded for long without a garage door.
What to Expect During Repair Service
The technician will arrive to your home, assess the situation, and figure out what needs to be repaired. Before moving forward, the technician will discuss charges and repair timeframe with you. They will also bring replacement parts and proper equipment to fix your garage door quickly.
We know how frustrating it is to already be dealing with garage door troubles in the middle of the night, so we want to ensure we don’t add to that frustration. We don’t want to make you wait around for hours. We have a goal to not only get to you as fast as possible, but to also make sure you have a quick, one and done repair.
I Am Having Garage Door Problems on a Weekend or Holiday
It doesn’t matter what day it is or what time it is, our staff is standing by 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for all your garage door needs. Especially if it is a holiday, we want to make sure you can be available for your plans and not spending the day with a broken garage door. Even if it is a Sunday afternoon, we are happy to help!
Is There Anything I Can Do?
If your door has suddenly stopped working and it is the middle of the night, there are a few things you can try. Again, if your door has come off its tracks or if you heard the loud bang of a spring snapping, please do not try to do anything yourself. If it’s a smaller issue and you feel comfortable, try the following:
- If your door is unresponsive, check the wall opener. Also, make sure your opener is plugged in.
- If your door starts to go down, but then stops make sure there is nothing blocking the line of sight for the sensors. They are the square boxes on either side of the door about a foot off the ground with a red light coming out.
- If you try to operate your door and you hear the motor going but the door doesn’t move, check your emergency release cord to see if it is back in place and hasn’t been pulled
- Lastly, if all else fails, you can pull your emergency release cord to disengage the opener and manually operate your door. Make sure you still call us to repair your door as your door is not safe when you are operating it this way
Don’t Be Afraid to Call Anytime
We are on call for you. It doesn’t matter what your garage door troubles are or what time it is, give Bay Area Overhead Door Co. a call for 24-hour emergency service! We are more than happy to come rescue you.